Saturday, October 17, 2009

Tealight holder card....

Hello Everyone!!!
Today I have a 3-in 1 project for you all.
Its a place card ...tea light holder and at the end of the party guest can take home as a personalized goody.So what it is....first let me honestly tell you that you may find a better tutorial somewhere..but I didn't find any but I saw something like it few months ago and tried to make one ..and thats how I came up with this tutorial..
:::::::::::::::Supplies:::::::::::::::::


2 ~ 4" x 8" cardstock , a 5"x5" piece of vellum( I used frosted sheet), scissors, adhesive, battery tea light ,
an image ...I used SASSY PUMPKIN from Sassystudiodesigns  and any emb. you like.
Score one cardstock at 4" and fold it...it will make the card base..


Score the second one at 2",4" and 6" ...as shown in the picture...
Fold it in valley and mountain folds....like this


Now you can use any diecut shape if you want or simply cut a square out in middle like I did...I left approx. 3/4" inch space from the top and the bottom ...



save the cutout piece for later.... Adhere a piece of vellum or frosted sheet on the wrong sideto cover up the cutout space...

apply adhesive to the flat pannels in this picture only and adhere it to the inside of the card base like this....




Now its almost ready...decorate it as you like...I used alpha stickers for LINDSAY's name...She created this wonderful image..so its for her.
A piece of ribbon and a sentiment for inside....


Place the battery operated tea light inside for safety....



Its the front of card...its folds well and fits into 4.25" x 4.25" envelope easily.
I used the cutout square piece on the front ....

Hope I explained it well...if you have any questions email me...


Have a happy crafty day :o)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow, what a creative project there, Piali!

This is Nicole from Whimsie Doodles and I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks for joining us on our first ever blog hop! I hope you enjoyed yourself and got a lot of creative inspiration from everyone! Be sure to check out Melyssa's new webiste at whimsiedoodles(dot)com! There's a gallery there and more info on some other specials coming up! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Nicole

Anonymous said...

Hi Piali--thank you for subscribing to follow Digi Kitty's blog! we so appreciate it!
we are having a challenge on our blog to win free stamps--and also have a fREE stamp on our blog that we hope you hop over and grab--it will be gone monday--so hurry over.

purrs & kisses,
Kristal of Digi Kitty