Monday, September 29, 2014

Creative Blog Hop!!!

Hello and Happy Monday Everyone!!!

Today I have a special post for one of my very talented crafty friend....ISHA.
She tagged me last week for a Creative Blog Hop ...you can see it HERE.
Isha is super sweet person and amazing papercrafter, she asked to join in for this hop, so I'm here . 
Writing is not my favorite thing , so I'll keep it short.
I have to answer 4 questions and here they are..

1. What am I working on?
I'm currently working on some card samples for Art Impressions Stamps...love their new stamps!!
I'm also getting ready to start my 2014 holiday card making ...and working on few cards for a upcoming new DT ( Sorry!I can't spill the beans yet.)

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?

Ok!! Here comes the TRICK question. I don't have a Signature style, so I'm not sure if my work is very different from others. I create in all styles..I love to follow new trends, try out new techniques.  My style has definitely evolved , its quite different than what it was 5 years ago.
My most favorite style is simple and simple cards with lots of White.

3. Why do I write/create what I do?
I love HANDMADE stuff. I like to give handmade gifts...thats how I started making cards. Now its my favorite hobby. I also make quilts, jewelry and now scrapbook layouts too.


4. How does your writing/creative process work?
I find my inspirations from the products. I try to follow latest trends.When I want to create something I just sit with the stamps and papers...stare at them for a while and then slowly the design comes to my mind.


Ok! I might have bored you all a lot with all these Q/A...now here is a card..
Its a fun thing I love doing...Stencils and doodling!
I used Heidi Swapp -Butterfly Layered stencil and Distress inks.
Then doodled over it with copic Multiliner pen.
Heat embossed the sentiment from Papertrey ink with WOW embossing powder.

This card is for the following challenges...
CASology: Flutter.

Now the fun part of the hop I get to tag few of my crafty friends...

First person I'm tagging is.....AMY .  
Amy is one of my most Favorite paper crafter ....she is the sweetest person ever! Amy has a big contribution in what I'm as a crafter today. In 2009 I started blogging and playing with challenges . Amy was in 365 cards challenge DT back then , I used play regularly, she used visit my blog everyday and leave the sweet comments. She always encouraged me !!! 
I love you AMY!!!
Amy joined this hop already so you can find her post ..HERE.
♥♥♥

The next crafty friend is from the other side  of the globe.
Hussena from India!
She is from my hometown, unfortunately we never met in person.
When I was in India in 2011-13 , I virtually meet her thru the blogland .
She is a very talented paper crafter and a very sweet person!
She is one of the few person who visits my blog regularly and leaves lovely comments.
Thank you Hussena!!
It seems like I joined the hop very late, she joined it earlier than me...so you can read all about her..HERE.
♥♥♥

I have so many crafters on my mind but all seems to be super busy at this time.

I have one more person to mention....

She is my migrating crafty friend....whom I love a lot and I wish to be like her when I GROW UP in this crafty world.
She is KAROLYN !!!
Now let me tell u why I call her my MIGRATING friend...she lives in Washington for the whole Summer and migrates to Arizona in winter....how fun is that!!!!
She is AH-MAZING papercrafter... you should see her die cutting skills, she works MAGIC with the dies..traditional and digital!
You must have seen her work in Papercrafts Magazine...she gets published a lot!.
As Karolyn just moved to AZ she won't able to join in for the hop now...but I would love,if all just visit her blog and say hi!
♥♥♥

Hope you all enjoyed reading this post!
Thank you Isha for tagging me!!!

Today I'm sharing another fun card over at CARDMAKER blog...

Check it Here.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

♡♡♡
You're such a sweetie Piali!
Love reading more about your!
Your doodling on your card is the perfect touch, it's stunning!

Annette Allen said...

I agree with Amy you are a sweetie.. Enjoyed reading a little more about you.. thanks for sharing.

Kristie Goulet said...

Enjoyed reading a little more about you. Thank you for sharing. Your card is stunning!

Hussena said...

It is so nice to get to know a little more about you, Piali. I still remember when I first came across your blog, I was so in awe of your work and till date your work inspires the same awe in me and what little I have got to know about you through the virtual world is, besides being an amazing crafter, you also have a heart of gold and I'm sure they're many more bloggers out there who will testify to this :D
Loved the card you have shared today. It's so gorgeous!! Fabulous stenciling and doodling and oh, so trendy!
Thanks for the tag. I'm humbled :-)

Judy1223 said...

Piali, it was so nice to read more about you! I adore your fluttering butterfly...your doodling is amazing! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card for the Creative Hop, loved learning more about you. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

Virginia L. said...

Adore your stenciled card, and I enjoy reading about you! You rock, my friend!

Deborah Frings said...

I think this is fabulous! Love the colours you used to stencil the butterfly, and i do like the added detail you doodled on. Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Oh my, what an amazing beauty of a card - love this! Great to get to know you a bit better! Great to see you playing with us at ATSM. Come back next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

Lisa Lara said...

Wow Piali that butterfly is gorgeous. I love the thanks card. Brilliant.

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

First of all, I hope you know how amazing your are!! Seriously, this blog post is just one example of how humble you are, and yet so very, very talented!! I sometimes think you don't even recognize your own talents, in spite of the many phenomenal opportunities that have come your way since you started in this industry! You are a ROCK STAR, Piali, and I am so incredibly in awe of what you've accomplished and how far you've come in this little hobby that we share. I love the way you've stretched yourself and tried so many different techniques and directions in order to find your "style." You're perfect just as you are - no style really describes what you do. To me, that is what makes you so phenomenal! You truly are a phenom, Piali, and I am so incredibly proud to call you a friend. Thank you for nominating me for your hop - even though I totally flaked on you. Again, you set the rules aside for your own beliefs and standards. I want to be just like YOU when I grow up!! LOL Awesome project - that butterfly is stunningly beautiful!! And you, my friend, are beautiful - inside and out. XOXO